Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mac OS X 10.7 Lion scrolling is inverted

After having my first hands-on experience with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, one thing I noticed right away is that Apple thought it was a good idea to try to change the way people use scroll buttons on mice. They've set the default to be inverted, so if you scroll down the screen moves up, and scrolling up the screen moves down. I I'd guess this is because of their new swipe gestures to control your computer, but for someone like me who likes a two-button mouse it makes scrolling seem backwards. It's a simple fix though if your preferences are the same as mine:

1. Open System Preferences
2. Go to Mouse
3. Uncheck the box at the top that says "Move content in the direction of finger movement when scrolling or navigating"
4. Close System Preferences

No comments: