Thursday, August 22, 2013

Outlook Web Access (OWA) shows requested resource is in use page

I don't like admitting this, but I'm still stuck supporting an Exchange 2003 environment. Yes, it's over 10 year old software, but it is what it is. With that out there, I had a problem today with my Exchange 2003 box after a power outage. Outlook Web Access, aka OWA, was showing a page that said "Requested resource is in use" if anyone tried to use it. I didn't see anything obviously wrong, and other Exchange functionality was working fine, so I turned to the web.

The fix was very simple. A dll file that OWA depends on was not registered properly. To fix the problem all I had to do was go to Start->Run, then use the command "regsvr32 %windir%\system32\vbscript.dll". You should get a pop-up alert that the DLL was registered succesfully after you run that command, and OWA will come back to life.

No comments: