Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Change iTunes account on iPhone or iPod touch

If you have a need to change the iTunes account on your iPhone of iPod touch, Apple has the instructions for you in KB HT1311. I've run into this problem a few times because we've been purchasing iPhones for the employees at work, and everytime I activate the phone to set it up I have to use my computer, which has my iTunes account loaded. Without doing that I'd have to leave it up to the end user, and then wait for them to bring it back so I can set it up for email. As soon as I do that though, then they're stuck with my iTunes account loaded on the phone and can't use the App Store or iTunes without my logon credentials. It sure would be nice for Apple to change that, and to also let you change the iTunes account right on the phone, but it looks like we'll have to settle for this for now. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1311

If you're wondering how to backup or restore your iPhone or iPod Touch, or need to transfer data from one iPhone or iPod to another, check out my other post.

No comments: